Psalm 43:3 - Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me...
Get Back Up
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This made me cry! When we are down we need to get back up, no matter how we do it. We need to remember God is with us and will give us the creativity and strength to finish well.
shared stories connect us in remarkable ways - if they are not told to others they fester and die without creating new life in others - i've seen this video before; yet, it still stirs emotion within my heart!
I have watched the video four times, I feel like I am on face trying to get up, and this gave me hope I will find away...perhaps I need to use my head too!
You have a disciplined life, it shows forth in your comments and has inspired me to consider how I spend my time.
What a loving smile on the first man's face and what a shock when I saw he had no legs and arms. Beautiful person. Thanks for following me. I shall come back.
GutsyWriter, One thought that has been haunting me all week is how do we treat the nobodies in our culture. If only we could look past the physical appearances and see the soul.
Also, if this man has learned to get up when his face was completely in the ground, this was an encouragement for me. I enjoyed your blog, it was fun with a warm sense of humor and love.
Jody, I knew you would visit! You have a great blog with lots of material I need to read. I might never write a published book, but I believe God will use me to touch others to encourage them on their journey.
I look forward to getting to know you both. It is fun to read the hearts thoughts from others journey.
I've seen the video a few times myself and it touches me every single time. The very first time I saw it and then saw that he was without limbs, I was awe-stricken in my heart. He has such a warm, friendly smile, so personable and handsome yet despite his disabilities, goes on teaching and touching the lives and the hearts of so many others. Now that's the kind of person I want to be!
Last week, after I posted the “I will” statements from Psalm 118, an online friend (Yvette) suggested that each of the statements would make interesting devotionals. For Spiritual Sunday this week and the next several weeks, I will post a few thoughts on each of the “I will” proclamations from this Psalm. Psalm 118 is an interesting Psalm to mediate upon. As you read through it is apparent that an individual worshiper is coming before God in prayer representing the people of Israel. All of Israel had experienced God’s goodness and magnificent display’s of His unconditional love that was constantly sustaining them. Originally the worship leader would have been a king or priest, but today anyone can come before God reciting His acts of goodness and mercy before God’s people. God desires that we bless him with our heart felt responses of gratitude through our prayers. The Psalmist knew that no matter what they were facing in life God was always with them. Today, God through his Holy ...
Over the last month life has not been easy in my home, I have alluded to this numerous times in earlier posts. My youngest daughter, 21, is bi-polar and has made choices in her life that have caused chaos to enter our family. It is amazing how our decisions not only affect us personally they affect those around us, if only we could realize the impact while we are making daily choices. I have noticed recently several of my blogger friends have written about how the negative words of our mouth and heart have a huge impact on our life. My daughter’s self-talk can be such a downer, for herself and our family. In the book of Psalm and Proverbs the words of our mouth and the meditations of our hearts are a central theme. God knows how he wired us! What I have experienced is how the negative talk has affected every aspect of my own life. What I am learning to do is rise above the chaos and negativity by journaling about everything, getting it out of my heart, mind, and soul onto paper. ...
“They swarmed around me like bees, but they died out as quickly as burning thorns; in the name of the LORD I cut them off.” Psalm 118:12 Today in our world daily life seems to be on overdrive. I am sure almost everyone who reads this post will totally agree and understand. When I decided to take up Cliff’s invitation to add a short devotional to Spiritual Sundays, I did not consider it would cause me to enter into another spiritual warfare with a swarm of bees. I seem to enter this place often! I know, I am still learning how to say, "No." Life a few days ago was full, but manageable. However, today numerous pulls of busyness came at me like a swarm of nettlesome bees. What I need to remember is to remain in Christ when the bees of spiritual warfare surround me. Spending time in God’s word and prayer is a daily commitment I must keep for health and peace. By being constant in my spiritual life and focused on Christ, I am able to still and silence the daily demands that bring ...
Comments
I have watched the video four times, I feel like I am on face trying to get up, and this gave me hope I will find away...perhaps I need to use my head too!
You have a disciplined life, it shows forth in your comments and has inspired me to consider how I spend my time.
One thought that has been haunting me all week is how do we treat the nobodies in our culture. If only we could look past the physical appearances and see the soul.
Also, if this man has learned to get up when his face was completely in the ground, this was an encouragement for me. I enjoyed your blog, it was fun with a warm sense of humor and love.
Jody,
I knew you would visit! You have a great blog with lots of material I need to read. I might never write a published book, but I believe God will use me to touch others to encourage them on their journey.
I look forward to getting to know you both. It is fun to read the hearts thoughts from others journey.
I've seen the video a few times myself and it touches me every single time. The very first time I saw it and then saw that he was without limbs, I was awe-stricken in my heart. He has such a warm, friendly smile, so personable and handsome yet despite his disabilities, goes on teaching and touching the lives and the hearts of so many others. Now that's the kind of person I want to be!
Love you,
Alleluiabelle
My heart is filled with gratitude for the limbs I take for granted.