Wisdom

Last night a friend handed me this prayer. She told me it had spoke to her during the day, and thought it would encourage me. I pray whoever may read this prayer will be graced with the Spirit of Wisdom and be encouraged!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of Your heart." --Psalm 37:4

Father, You have shown that You want to guide what we pray so that You can grant us the desires of our hearts. I want to begin this day with King Solomon's response to Your question, "Ask! What shall I give you?"(2 Chronicles 1:7). Solomon asked for an "understanding heart," and confessed his inadequacy and need for strength to fulfill his responsibilities.

It's moving to know that the Hebrew words for "understanding heart," literally translated, refer to a "hearing heart." Solomon wanted to hear both Your voice and the voices of the people who came to him with their needs, He wanted to be able to respond and speak to those needs out of the depth of wisdom that came from a heart tuned to Your Spirit's supernatural power.

Lord, make me one who longs to have a wise and understanding heart. May I be one who listens carefully to Your heart speaking to my heart. Help me to listen to You today and always!

Jesus thank you for hearing our prayers. Amen.

Later Robin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118