Psalm 23

On Saturday I am leading a workshop at a ladies retreat on prayer walking. Here is a prayer incentive from Psalm 23 I have been preparing... Check out this video of a little girl and Psalm 23

Psalm 23 (NIV)

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want.”
Pray God will lead people into a period of spiritual renewal. Pray people will be set free from stresses that keep them running away from God and keep them caught in the web of being busy. Pray Jesus would break the addictive practices. Ask Christ to renew their desire for God. Thank God that He desires a relationship with His covenant-children.

“He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters”
Pray people will turn their hearts back to God. Pray people will experience the richness of God’s goodness, His protection and His provision. Pray people will rest in God’s love and trust Him completely. Praise and thank God for how He cares for all of His creation.

“He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.”
Ask God to lead people into the joy of right living. Pray Christ will restore people’s inner life. Pray people will desire what is true and worthy. Pray they will make choices in accordance to God’s will and that they will taste the joy of living right. Praise and thank God for how He gives rest to His people.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
Pray God will lead people through hard times of fear and grief. Pray that Christ would manifest His presence as they walk through difficult days. Ask God to protect them against evil powers. Pray people will find healing and comfort in and from Christ as they experience suffering. Pray the Holy Spirit would guide them as they walk through times of terror or confusion.

“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.”
Pray people will have a heart of thanksgiving and it will over flow in their hearts. Pray the Holy Spirit will convict people of sin and lead them to acknowledge God as the giver of good gifts. Ask God to send a spirit of grace and supplication over the people in the community.

“Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Pray that God’s goodness will cover people leading them to trust and desire intimacy with Him. Pray that Christ’s love would be revealed, drawing people into worshipping the one true God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control