Haiku Again

I was reading that true Haiku is about nature, with this in mind I thought I would write a poem about today. I enjoy Haiku it is easy and a quick way to write out what is happening in my world.

I posted this Haiku on my twitter, but it will not be shown on my blog so...I am posting it. I wrote these poems together after I posted my last post titled, "Spring is Teasing the Prairies."

Arise

Salubrious sun
Arrived on a fine March day
Snow is vanishing

To be five again
Rubber boots on singing free
Splashing in spring water

Surrounding my soul
In sun-kisses from heaven's grace
Forever ecstasy

I found out after posting my haiku on Twitter that there is a program on Twitter called twihaiku. I posted my poetry. I am getting brave posting all over the web!

I pray the salubrious sun is shinning wherever you are! Oh...for the curious, salubrious means to promote health. I am trying to add to my vocabulary...Ha! I even know how to say it! Suh-loo-bree-uhs!

Pax Robin

P.S. When I have time I will add pictures and I really like the definition of ecstasy:

1. rapturous delight.
2. an overpowering emotion or exaltation; a state of sudden, intense feeling.
3. the frenzy of poetic inspiration.
4. mental transport or rapture from the contemplation of divine things.

Comments

Alleluiabelle said…
The salubrious sun did not shine here today. I like that word. It kind of slides off the tongue when you say it, doesn't it?

I love your poem. I didn't have to read yesterday's post again because as I read this, it brought it all back to me. I can still picture her slapping her boots in the water and singing. Precious. Very precious.

And ecstasy, oooh love the definition as well...powerful, powerful word!

Hugs & blessings to you my friend,
Alleluiabelle
Crystal said…
I'm stealing that definition (4. mental transport or rapture from the contemplation of divine things.)
and throwing it onto my friend's blog of random snippets that deserve repeating. (www.randomthoughtsofanoverworkedmind.blogspot.com) A great little bit of lovely to have rattling around in my head for a while :)
Laurie A. said…
love haiku, robin. these are gems!
Monica said…
Oops, how embarrassing. True haiku is about nature, but I just posted a haiku (my first) called "Speedometer."
Next time, I'll know better. Thanks for the instruction!
Monica
sojourner said…
so glad you added the def because i did not know what salubrious meant! I like the ending: "Forever ecstasy" and when you add the def for ecstasy it makes the ending more sweet
JoAnn said…
I love your haiku!

I know what you mean about "getting brave"....LOL! I have not had the courage to post poetry until very recently myself.

I'm glad you posted this!
Andrea said…
Love it..awesome..blessings and prayers on your journey. andrea
Annie said…
Love both those words-salubrious and ecstasy. They roll so lavishly on the tongue ;) You have inspired me to write some Haiku in the near future. And yes, the sun is glorious and promoting health, peace of mind, and warmth today!
Anonymous said…
I am among those that learned a lot reading this post!!! Thank you! The poem is great. Beautiful, I could use some salubruious sun! cindy
Unknown said…
That was just beautiful! I've read that good art (of any kind) is successful only if it elicits a response in the viewer/reader. If that's true ... your poem was a total success because it elicited in me a feeling of happiness!

BTW ... thank you for following Reduce Footprints. I'm going to follow you, as well, and add you to my blog roll!

Have a wonderful day!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Thanks for shouting Twihaiku out!
I appreciate your contribution and look forward reading more great twihaikus of yours :)

Dusan from TwiHaiku.

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control