Fasting or Feasting during Lent?

I was visiting a small group Bible study this week, the leader shared this list of attitudes to fast from and appropriate characteristics to feast on. I do not have the authors name or title...it will be anonymous, until I find out the author's name.

As you read each line take time to ponder each one as we prepare ourselves for Easter.

Fast from complaining and feast on appreciation.

Fast from bitterness and feast on forgiveness.

Fast from idle gossip and feast on purposeful silence.

Fast from judging others and feast on the Christ within them.

Fast from emphasis on differences and feast on the unity of life.

Fast from apparent darkness and feast on the healing power of God.

Fast from words that pollute and feast on phrases that uplift.

Fast from anger and feast on optimism.

Fast from discouragement and feast on hope.

Fast from facts that depress and feast on anything that inspires.

Fast from lethargy and feast on enthusiasm.

Fast from suspicion and feast on truth.

Fast from problems that overwhelm and feast on prayer that gives us the strength to get through.

I have noticed that as I share details concerning the current situation in my life, if I share the depressing details/facts truly can bring down the listener. But, if I concentrate on the positive aspects of the situation, people actually become inspired.

Blessings to all...as you ponder these, fast and feast statements.

Love Robin

Comments

Alleluiabelle said…
Robin,
This is a great list to ponder on. I was trying to find one that particularly stuck out at me, but I couldn't, because they all do. Thank you for sharing this as this is a time for deep reflection.

Love your site. Absolutely love it!

Hugs & blessings,
Alleluiabelle
Robin said…
Alleluiabelle, thank you for your encouraging comments. One of my senior friends asked me today if I know you...well...perhaps not in person, but we connect through words and heart and Christ...Amen.

It is good to have a new friend!

Love Robin
sojourner said…
I like this list - i'm going to print it for future reflection :0)
JoAnn said…
This is a great list....definitely food for thought.

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control