Romans 12

My goal today is to go over Romans 12 letting it go deeper into my heart and soul. I have memorize this chapter of Romans in the past and going over it will bring it to the surface of my mind once again.

In my inbox there was a devotional for Romans 12 titled: Romans 12 Employee Handbook. It is worth reading through.

The two points that stood out for me were:


7. Practice hospitality. (13b)

(Think of every day as the office Christmas party, and you're the host. How would your workday be different if you worked hard to make sure everyone was comfortable, well-fed, and having a good time?)

9. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. (15)

(Be so sensitive to your coworkers that you are attuned to their life events. Simply attending the birthday cake cutting in the conference room doesn't count.)

Confession: I only work 20 hours a week and taking time to join in office events usually are not top priority. I need to work on making time to listen and be more hospitable. I just noticed something: Hospital is the main word in hospitality. Being hospitable will and does bring care and healing into relationships.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control