Longing for Spring


February on the Prairies is a month (for me and others) that awakens the longing within for spring. Long cold days of winter can cause a persons soul to become exhausted and weary longing for the warmth of the sun to permeate through deadness, bringing rejuvenation to the bones.


After church my husband surprised me by taking me out for lunch, then we went and sat in the civic conservatory. The moment I entered the conservatory my soul came alive. The Daffodils, and Tulips were in full bloom and music filled the air. A young man was playing his banjo, creating an atmosphere of delight, wonder, and healing. The wonderful bright sunny colours and warm smells captured a part of me, which was falling asleep or entering the s.a.d.s (seasonal affective disorder.)


In the month of February at the conservatory you will find Kalanchoe, Primula Malicoides, Daffodils, Tulips, and Muscari in full bloom. The conservatory was fully alive with new growth and colour! The bonus: It was warm and humid.


For those of us who live in the northern climates it is vital to find places to renew and rejuvenate your soul. No wonder many seek refuge in the south during the winter months. But for those of us who can not get away, this is a good solution. I personally long for the day I can walk out doors enjoying the world around me without the worry of slipping on ice.


Our walk through the art gallery was completely another experience. What some consider art is amazing. I guess through this experience my husband and I received a bit of art culture as a gift. In closing did you know that the daffodil is considered a symbol of hope.


Matthew 12:21--"In his name the nations will put their hope."


Jesus is the everlasting hope for the Nations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control