Heartbeat of the Cosmos

The fact that this new age is emerging reveals something basic about the universe. It tells us something about the core and heartbeat of the cosmos. It reminds us that the universe is on the side of justice. It says to those who struggle for justice, 'You do not struggle alone, but God struggles with you.'

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I had to post this quote today, it seemed to touch the core within me.

August is truly here, the morning air has a crispness to it that yesterday morning did not have. It is very strange how the weather changes over night. Another meaning for the word august is: marked by majestic dignity or grandeur. The month of August does have these qualities on the Prairies, everything starts to turn colour, rich reds appear sprinkled with a deep golden.

One more thought: It sure feels good to have finished my assignment on time and to know that through my struggle with injustice, God is with me. My youngest son and I watched a movie on Monday night titled, "The Sin Eater" based on the novel by Francine Rivers. I am sure it was a "b" rated movie, however the plot had me thinking. One idea that stood out was the people turned their backs on sin, ignored it and justice was not pursued.


I believe, I am on a justice theme in my walk with Jesus... my spirit has been truly grieving over the injustice that happens daily in our world.

A verse that is a life verse sure has been in face all week: Micah 6:7b-8 What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

It appears easy enough to follow but we have really missed it on this command.

Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118