Serving Another


Working at Prairie Spring Care Home over the last four month's has been an incredible journey of love, and the bonus is that I am learning a new craft - doing nails!

I have been offering the seniors (male and female) their own time out to have their nails filed and polished. They love it!

It is amazing how many have never had their nails done by someone else, (certainly a different generation then my generation who enjoy having their nails manicured.) They always ask, "are you sure you do not want money?" or "why are you doing this for free?" or "why are you spending time with me?" I tell them the cost is a hug...it works every time...

A hug and listening to their life stories make the lonely hours at the home not so long and the time doing their nails brings forth meaningful conversation. My newest adventure in this process of treating them, will be offering them a foot spa, I know it will go over well.

Serving others brings joy to the heart.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."Rom. 12:10

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."(Eph. 4:2)

Last week as a group we made homemade chocolates, this was a hit, especially when it came to eating them and learning how they get the caramel in the middle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118