Prayer Walking

With summer having many unexpected events, there were a few that I need to mention and remember as gifts from God.

One of the gifts of adventure was meeting Darlene Polachic the religiouis writer for the Star Phonix. She asked me if I would be interested in talking with her concerning the topic of prayer walking.

First, the only reason I agreed to being interviewed by Darlene Polachic concerning prayer walking was it would be used by God and all glory would go to Him, secondly many people would decided to prayer walk themselves, thirdly that people who do not think of God at all would ponder our Father in heaven.

After this article was published a friend of my daughters told me with tears flowing down her face, she could not believe people would acually take time to pray for others. Wow...this comment was what I hoped would come from this adventure.

Apolozies for not posting this article sooner. Oh, before I forget this article is fruit from this weblog and the decipline of following and walking with Jesus daily.

Darlene thank you for taking the time to talk with me and for this wonderful God inspired article.


Saturday » July 23 » 2005


Walking with God: Prayer walkers take their faith onto streets, into their community

Darlene Polachic
Special to The StarPhoenix

July 23, 2005

Every morning, Robin Sloboda takes a half-hour walk. She walks for more than just her physical health -- Sloboda is also praying.
The practice is known as prayer walking, "essentially taking prayer outside the church and into the city or neighbourhood," she explains. "It is walking with God and praying to God about the neighbourhood, the city, the world."
Sloboda became aware of prayer walking about four years ago when she attended a conference with Randy Sprinkle, the author of Follow Me -- Lessons for Becoming a Pray Walker.

"I soon realized that prayer walking was something I was already doing," Sloboda says. "While I walked, I was praying for my family, the people in the neighbourhood, the people in the houses I passed. When I was out driving, I prayed for the people I met on the streets and in the stores.

As Sloboda points out, the idea of walking with God is nothing new. "Our Saviour Jesus walked with God and prayed unceasingly. Adam and Eve walked with God. So did Enoch.

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control