PrayerWalk Journal

Wow, I have not posted over the last week at all. There have been some awesome mornings of prayer walking and I did not miss a day, but to be disciplined enough to sit down and write was another issue. Finding out my sister who lives in Vancouver has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma - Large cell B, a systematic disease sent me into a place of much prayer and being quiet before the Lord.

Dealing with emotions and placing the circumstance into perspective have been hard for me. Living over 1000 km away, not able to walk along side, not able to help in anyway, has left me feeling like an outsider in my own family. Over the years this has always been hard when someone has become ill in Vancouver and I am not able to be there.

Over the last week I have been hanging on to many verses from scripture, that have bought much comfort to my heart and emotions.

The LORD God goes before you and will be with you; God will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

I can trust God is with my sister and family, comforting and guiding, and He also hears my emotional pain of feeling like an outsider. Today, I will focus on not being discouraged. It has felt good to write about this journey.

As for prayer walking, yesterday a good friend and I went for a prayer walk along the river. What a glorious morning it was and the friendship of another was great.

God does answer our prayers. I asked Him to bring others into my life who love to pray and walk and who I can join me in prayer walking. He has bought a few good friends. Thank You Lord for answering prayer. God's desire for us is not to be alone and I knew He would answer this prayer.

"If two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19 At the last BSF meeting I ask that we pray I find a prayer partner...many agreed...and God heard.

A few new books I have just finished are "The Power of Praying Together" By Stormie Omartian and Jack Hayford, "The Power of a Praying Nation" by Stomie Omaritian, and I am half way through "Fresh Faith" and what a powerful book/series by Jim Cymbala.

Well, my teen is up and on his way to finish writing his exams and I am off to walk where my personal trainer Jesus might lead this day.

Oh, one more thought, as I have been praying for my sister and her new journey of healing, I have been reading a small prayer book I had purchased a few years ago, "Psalm for Healing - Praying with those in need" by Gretchen Person. A good prayer start for when you do not know what to pray.

A comforting thought from the first chapter "Diagnosis". "Hearing a Diagnosis can be life-changing event in an individual's and a family's life. It can be a frightening, lonely time, yet it may also be a time when vulnerablity opens one to new relationships with God, family, and friends."

Ps. 6:2-7, 8-9

Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; O Lord heal me, for my bones are shaking with terror. My soul also is struck with terror, while you, O Lord -- how long? Turn, O Lord, save my life; deliver me for the sake of your steadfast love. For in death there is no remembrance of you; in Sheol who can give praise? I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping. The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord accepts my prayer."

Prayer: Lord, be gracious to my sister for she is in pain and is scared by this diagnois--physically and spiritually. Restore her health for the sake of your streadfast love--for who can praise you in death? You know my sister's grief, tears, and fears. Thank you for hearing us.

Thank You Jesus for drawing us near. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118