PrayerWalk Journal

I have been looking for a book by S.D. Gordon - Quiet Talks on Prayer and decided yesterday to see if Emmanuel had it in their library, they did. Today, I was searching for something under my bed, I found a box with my collection of little prayer books, guess what? I have the book. All I had to do was look at home, not somewhere else.

Life, every circumstance can lead us to think how we really do look other places, but not where the heart belongs, in the presence of God.

A prayer thought from S.D. Gordon:

"The greatest people on earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer; nor yet those who can explain about prayer; I mean those people who take time and pray. They have not time. It must be taken from something else. This something else is important. Very important, and pressing, but still less important than prayer."

Walking today will not happen until later. The rain is coming down rather hard and my heart is wanting to be warm and pray in my prayer closet. Discipline in walking is out the window, but the discipline of prayer is still first.

The copy I found at home has a copyright dated 1941, it is one of those little vintage books, hard cover, faded, but the words are still the same. It is amazing the things I find in my own home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118