PrayerWalk Journal

I decided, I really do not like cloudy days, sunshine and lots of light does my soul well. Rain has been the constant for a few days with a forecast of a few more days yet. Walking tonight was refreshing, everything was green and growing. The air was crisp, with rays of sunshine bursting forth from the overcast sky.

No great revelations or fantastic prayers tonight, however I was lead to thank God for all that He has given to me, even the raining days I do not appreciate. When the sun does shine it is refreshing and cleansing, not only to the earth but also my soul.

Over the last few days the topic of our hearts has been coming up in conversation and thought over and over, especially concerning our teenagers. Turning away from relationship with God and others is truly a matter of the heart. Here are a few scripture verses I have been contemplating upon.

"Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him." Proverbs 22:15

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23, 24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118