PrayerWalk Journal

Okay, today is the official first post concerning my time of prayer and walking. Janet Holm McHenry talks about having a personal trainer for this time, and His name is...ya...you got it..."Jesus." The first request I made before even leaving my front door was,"Lord, help me to have a heart ready to hear, eyes to see the needs, a heart to worship."

I really did not want to leave my warm home, my cozy bed, to enter the crisp air of this Spring morning. Everytime I am obedient to push myself out the door, I arrive back home full of life, energy, and a renewed spirit.

Here is a verse that flooded my soul as I walked through my neighborhood: "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you he will quiet you with his love and he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

The fitness tip that came was,"shoulders back, stomach in, head straight...no slouching!" I am going to my walking class today, considering this, my walk was more for walking up with Jesus and stretching, then aerobic.

God answered last weeks prayer, there were no crows, only the lovely sounds of the song birds singing in the crisp morning air. I was greeted by many robins today. I have never seen this many on prairies, growing up in B.C, robins were always around, but not here. One even flew past me singing his early morning song. "Thank you Lord, for showing Your love in the morning hours. Thank You that You are always with me, singing over me."

My prayer is that many in my city will wake up and praise God for this wonderful sunny May day and those who do not know Him will ask many questions of why? I pray God will guard my heart and tongue helping me through whatever this day may bring.

Time to wake up my teens, and get ready for my walking class. Until tomorrow... Have a wonderful day learning more about our personal trainer Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

The six "I will" statements from Psalm 118