Watch O'er My Flock

Like oher shepherds
help me keep
watch o'er my flock by night;
mindful of each need,
each hurt, which might
lead one to stray--
each weakness
and each ill--
while others sleep
teach me to pray.
At night the wolves and leopards,
hungry and clever, prowl
in search of strays
and wounded; when they howl,
Lord, still my anxious heart
to calm delight--
for the Great Shepherd
watches with me
over my flock
by night.

Ruth Bell Graham, 1978
Prodigals [and Those who Love Them]

As I read Mrs. Graham's peom today, it spoke to my mother's heart. At times I feel helpless concerning my teenagers and all that they encounter, but God is constantly drawing me to my knees. He knows all that comes against them daily, I am thankful that He calms my anxious thoughts as I hand each child to Him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Wide Your Heart

Thoughts from Philippians 1:3-11

Control