I believe this group is coming to Saskatoon for a conference in March. I am not sure why the embedding is not working for this clip, but if you stumble on this it is worth checking out on You Tube.
Yipeng, it does fit well with your post do not waste your life!
Last week, after I posted the “I will” statements from Psalm 118, an online friend (Yvette) suggested that each of the statements would make interesting devotionals. For Spiritual Sunday this week and the next several weeks, I will post a few thoughts on each of the “I will” proclamations from this Psalm. Psalm 118 is an interesting Psalm to mediate upon. As you read through it is apparent that an individual worshiper is coming before God in prayer representing the people of Israel. All of Israel had experienced God’s goodness and magnificent display’s of His unconditional love that was constantly sustaining them. Originally the worship leader would have been a king or priest, but today anyone can come before God reciting His acts of goodness and mercy before God’s people. God desires that we bless him with our heart felt responses of gratitude through our prayers. The Psalmist knew that no matter what they were facing in life God was always with them. Today, God through his Holy ...
Over the last month life has not been easy in my home, I have alluded to this numerous times in earlier posts. My youngest daughter, 21, is bi-polar and has made choices in her life that have caused chaos to enter our family. It is amazing how our decisions not only affect us personally they affect those around us, if only we could realize the impact while we are making daily choices. I have noticed recently several of my blogger friends have written about how the negative words of our mouth and heart have a huge impact on our life. My daughter’s self-talk can be such a downer, for herself and our family. In the book of Psalm and Proverbs the words of our mouth and the meditations of our hearts are a central theme. God knows how he wired us! What I have experienced is how the negative talk has affected every aspect of my own life. What I am learning to do is rise above the chaos and negativity by journaling about everything, getting it out of my heart, mind, and soul onto paper. ...
1. vs 6 "I will not be afraid." 2. vs 7 "I will look in triumph on my enemies." 3. vs 17 "I will not die but live." 4. vs 17 "I will proclaim what the Lord has done." 5. vs 19 "I will enter and give thanks to the Lord." 6. vs 21 "I will give Him thanks." When a spiritual battle is raging around us, we need to remember who is with us. We need to keep our eyes focused on Christ. God is always with us, he is our helper when conflict and spiritual warfare is upon us. When we are steadfast in our faith, and focused completely on Jesus we will be able to say as the Psalmist has written, "I will..." In the name of the Lord, we will have victory over our enemies in this world, as we remember to say "I will..." With Love Robin Be sure to check out the inspirational writings at Spiritual Sundays . Thanks to Ginger and Charlotte for hosting this site and encouraging us today to seek the Lord.
Comments
Yipeng, it does fit well with your post do not waste your life!